In his capacity as President, Dr. Lindinger oversees all company operations and is personally involved with all projects.
In addition to being a nutraceutical supplements design and regulatory specialist, Dr. Lindinger holds BSc and MSc degrees in comparative animal physiology, a PhD in medical sciences and was recipient of a Medical Research Council post-doctoral fellowship. While a professor at the University of Guelph for 25 years he researched extensively in human and animal physiology, nutrition and nutraceuticals. He is an author on more than 130 peer-reviewed scientific publications in areas of both basic and applied research. A major focus over the past 10 years has been the development and use of nutraceutical ingredients and nutraceutical supplements for supporting health of humans and companion animals. His research teams have made many evidence based research contributions to many nutraceutical supplements currently on the market.
Dr. Lindinger specializes in assisting clients design and develop new nutraceutical products for animal and human markets. He works closely with brand name and private label nutraceutical supplement manufacturers. The Nutraceutical Alliance provides a full suite of services to clients that develop nutraceutical supplements or that have existing nutraceutical and health supplements, or foods containing a nutraceutical ingredient. Services also include health supplements, feed additives, veterinary health products, human health supplements and biomedical devices. Clients of the Nutraceutical Alliance are in the human and animal nutraceuticals supplements, feeds, and medical device industries in Canada, the United States, Europe and Australia.
Dr. Lindinger’s specialties also include advising clients on ingredients with respect to regulatory affairs and regulatory compliance under the American Association of Feed Control Officials (AAFCO), the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) of the FDA (GRAS notifications and exemptions), Canada’s Veterinary Health Products (VHP) program, the National Animal Supplements Council (NASC) program, and the European Union.
Dr. Lindinger currently serves on the editorial boards of several scientific journals in areas of animal and human life sciences. He serves as Reviews Editor
for the European Journal of Applied Physiology, and serves on the Editorial Board of Scientifica: Physiology, Comparative Exercise Physiology and the
European Journal of Applied Physiology. He has also served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine and Animal
Sciences and was a founding member of the editorial board of Biological Procedures Online.
* Successfully designed and executed research projects to determine efficacy of nutraceutical products both in vitro and in vivo.
* Successfully designed and executed research projects to determine in vivo bioavailability equivalence for an equine pharmaceutical.
* Assisted a manufacturer of medical devices with advanced data analysis and report writing.
* Assisted clients with designing, regulatory compliance and marketing of nutraceutical products for companion animals.
* Served as expert witness for clients in dispute with regulatory agencies.
* Assisted a client with obtaining GRAS for a key product ingredient in an equine veterinary health product.
* Assist clients with regulatory submissions to the CVM (GRAS notification, Feed Additive Petition), AAFCO (new or modified ingredient definitions), NASC (new supplements), Canada’s Veterinary Health Products program (new ingredient applications; new product registrations).
* Assist clients with EU regulatory compliance and ParNut dossiers.
* Assist clients in obtaining self-affirmed GRAS status for their products.
* Assist clients in negotiating the label, website and literature claims with regulatory agencies.
* Assist clients with publication of research results.
* Assist clients with education of marketing personnel.
Memberships and Affiliations
* National Animal Supplements Council, Member
* American Association of Feed Control Officials, Associate member
* Vice-president, The Nutraceutical Alliance
* Certified Personal Trainer, CanfitPro
* Editorial Board, Scientifica Physiology
* Reviews Editor, European Journal of Applied Physiology
* Editorial Board, European Journal of Applied Physiology
* Professor, University of Guelph; animal and human physiology, nutrition, nutraceuticals
* Editorial Board, Journal of Animal Science
* Editorial Board, Biomed Central
* Member, American Physiological Society
* Member, American College of Sports Medicine
* Medical Research Council of Canada Post-doc Fellowship, Medical University of Hanover, Germany; muscle physiology
* PhD. Medical Sciences, McMaster University; human and animal muscle and whole body physiology
New, interesting, current and relevant things in the nutraceuticals world, the Nutraceutical Alliance, and wellness for humans, dogs, cats and horses.
Evidence-based research to select key ingredients that work together, safely and effectively to support a broad range of health needs including g.i., immune, skin, respiratory, joint and muscle.
Please enter your name and email address to subscribe to our news feeds and receive premium content!