In his capacity as President, Dr. Lindinger oversees all company operations and is personally involved with all projects.
In addition to being a nutraceuticals design and regulatory specialist, Dr. Lindinger holds BSc and MSc degrees in comparative animal physiology, a PhD in medical sciences and was recipient of a Medical Research Council post-doctoral fellowship. While a professor at the University of Guelph for 25 years he researched extensively in human and animal exercise physiology, nutrition and nutraceuticals. He is an author on more than 130 peer-reviewed scientific publications in areas of both basic and applied research. A major focus over the past 10 years has been the development and use of nutraceutical ingredients and nutraceutical products for supporting health of humans and companion animals.
Dr. Lindinger specializes in assisting clients design and develop new nutraceutical products for animal and human markets. In this capacity his company, The Nutraceutical Alliance, provides a full suite of services to clients that develop products or that have existing products. Services include feed supplements, feed additives, veterinary health products, human health supplements and medical devices. Clients of the Nutraceutical Alliance are in the human and animal nutraceuticals supplements, feeds, and medical device industries in Canada, the United States, Europe and Australia.
Dr. Lindinger’s specialties also include advising clients on ingredients with respect to regulatory compliance under the American Association of Feed Control
Officials (AAFCO), the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) of the FDA (GRAS notifications and exemptions), Canada’s Veterinary Health Products (VHP) program, the National Animal Supplements Council (NASC) program, and the European Union.
Dr. Lindinger currently serves on the editorial boards of several scientific journals in areas of animal and human life sciences. He serves as Reviews Editor
for the European Journal of Applied Physiology, and serves on the Editorial Board of Scientifica: Physiology, Comparative Exercise Physiology and the
European Journal of Applied Physiology. He has also served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine and Animal
Sciences and was a founding member of the editorial board of Biological Procedures Online.
* Successfully designed and executed research projects to determine efficacy of nutraceutical products both in vitro and in vivo.
* Successfully designed and executed research projects to determine in vivo bioavailability equivalence for an equine pharmaceutical.
* Assisted a manufacturer of medical devices with advanced data analysis and report writing.
* Assisted clients with designing, regulatory compliance and marketing of nutraceutical products for companion animals.
* Served as expert witness for clients in dispute with regulatory agencies.
* Assisted a client with obtaining GRAS for a key product ingredient in an equine veterinary health product.
* Assist clients with regulatory submissions to the CVM (GRAS notification, Feed Additive Petition), AAFCO (new or modified ingredient definitions), NASC (new supplements), Canada’s Veterinary Health Products program (new ingredient applications; new product registrations).
* Assist clients with EU regulatory compliance and ParNut dossiers.
* Assist clients in obtaining self-affirmed GRAS status for their products.
* Assist clients in negotiating the label, website and literature claims with regulatory agencies.
* Assist clients with publication of research results.
* Assist clients with education of marketing personnel.
Memberships and Affiliations
* National Animal Supplements Council, Member
* American Association of Feed Control Officials, Associate member
* Vice-president, The Nutraceutical Alliance
* Certified Personal Trainer, CanfitPro
* Editorial Board, Scientifica Physiology
* Reviews Editor, European Journal of Applied Physiology
* Editorial Board, European Journal of Applied Physiology
* Professor, University of Guelph; animal and human physiology, nutrition, nutraceuticals
* Editorial Board, Journal of Animal Science
* Editorial Board, Biomed Central
* Member, American Physiological Society
* Member, American College of Sports Medicine
* Medical Research Council of Canada Post-doc Fellowship, Medical University of Hanover, Germany; muscle physiology
* PhD. Medical Sciences, McMaster University; human and animal muscle and whole body physiology
Dr. Pearson received her PhD from the Dept. of Biomedical Sciences at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, with a specialization in efficacy and safety of nutraceutical products in horses with osteoarthritis. After graduating from her doctoral program in 2007, Dr. Pearson worked for a multinational contract research organization, specializing in natural veterinary drug development. She then accepted an NSERC-funded post-doctoral research fellowship at the University of Guelph studying the effect of ‘designer plants’ on arthritis in horses. Following this she served as president of the Nutraceutical Alliance until 2016, at which time she accepted a full-time position as professor of equine sciences at the University of Guelph. Dr. Pearson founded the Nutraceutical Alliance in 1999 while working as a research associate at the University of Guelph’s Equine Research Centre testing function of nutraceutical products in horses.
Jennifer graduated from the University of Guelph where she earned her Bachelor of Science Honors Animal Biology with a minor in Nutritional Science, and a Master of Science specializing in equine nutraceuticals and exercise. She has many years of experience riding and working in the horse industry. She is integrating her passion for horses, nutrition and research by completing a research PhD degree focusing on equine nutrition, nutraceuticals and physiology at the University of Guelph. She is currently recipient of the Vanier Scholarship, Canada’s premier scholarship for PhD candidates in the sciences.
New, interesting, current and relevant things in the world of nutraceuticals, the Nutraceutical Alliance, and wellness for humans, dogs, cats and horses.
Evidence-based research to select key ingredients that work together, safely and effectively to support a broad range of health needs including g.i., immune, skin, respiratory, joint and muscle.
Want to learn more about the Nutraceutical Alliance and how we can help you with your, your dogs, cats, or horses nutraceutical needs? Contact us now!